You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Welcome! Hoffman Animal Hospital is accepting new patients.
Please call us at 410-757-3566 or use the form below to request an appointment.
Post Operative Home Care
When your pet goes home:
- You will need to monitor the incision to ensure normal healing. Before your pet leaves the clinic, we will show you what the incision looks like. The incision should stay clean and dry.
- Do not allow your pet to lick or chew the incision.
- Your recovering pet needs rest – no running or jumping until the incision has completely healed, which is after 14 days. Excessive activity can lead to complications such as bleeding and infection.
- Never remove your pet's elizabethan collar or medical pet shirt until directed by a veterinary professional.
- Administer pain relief medications according to directions.
Call the clinic if:
- The incision opens, becomes swollen or develops a discharge
- Your pet has any vomiting, diarrhea or lack of an appetite
- Your pet is experiencing any abnormal behavior.
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
- Make An Appointment
- We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
- Online Forms
- Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.